In case of regular poor posture maintenance, many problems arises in the body. These health issues are such as spinal dysfunction, back pain, neck pain, potbelly, etc. The saddest part is that these can not be rectified by any measures until and unless the good posture is maintained at the proper alignment.
All most all of us know that fact that body pains which arises due to poor posture can be easily avoided if we make few modifications in the alignment of our body. Still, due to excess work load and hectic lifestyle people today experiences many types of poor posture problems. This is sometimes due to ignorance and sometimes due to carelessness.
Symptoms or Signs of Poor Posture
For people who are not known about the problems associated or the signs of poor posture, let us discuss some of them in short.
Knowing about these may help you in dealing with these problems in a better way. Some of the major poor posture symptoms are as follows:
- Curved Shoulders,
- Rounded shoulders,
- Abdominal encumbrance or pot belly,
- Bent legs and bent knees when walking as well as standing,
- Pain in the back most frequently in the lower back region,
- Headache and muscle fatigue which depends on the location of poor posture,
- General body pain or localized body pain depends on the type of poor posture.
- Tilting of the head either forwards or backwards, even sometimes leaning to the sideward because of improper posture (for example regular usage of mobile phones on one side, etc).
Apart from the above mentioned poor posture symptoms there are so many other clinical features and complications seen in various parts of the body because of the wrong posture alignment. Some of them are as follows:
- Spinal dysfunction,
- Joint degeneration,
- Disk degeneration,
- Weight increase in particular area,
- Metabolic derangement,
- Lethargy in all activities,
- Joint stiffness,
- Sudden spasmodic pain in the major muscles and joints of the body, etc.
The symptoms of poor posture interferes with most of the body’s normal anatomy and physiology. Some of them appear at the earliest whereas some shows its symptoms or signs gradually. Few of the physiological disturbances which happen due to poor posture are:
- Sudden fast twitch and slow twitch of the muscle fibers,
- Weakness in the muscle strength and length,
- Reduction or poor nerve conduction,
- Reduction in the free joint movements,
- Disturbances in the responses and reflexes both motor and sensory, etc.
Tips for Relieving Or Avoiding Symptoms of Poor Posture
The major ideas to avoid or for relieving the poor posture symptoms are as follows:
- Try to avoid using soft and squashy type of chairs and seats. Poorly designed or soft seat furniture like comfy sofas are often not very good for maintaining proper posture. Especially if you sit on these for continuous long hours you may suffer from symptoms such as back or neck pain.
- Try to get good quality lumbar rolls and use it to support your lower back region when you are sitting in the chairs for a long time like during traveling, computer works, car driving, etc.
- In case if your job involves sitting for long hours try to use ergonomic chairs which reduces the muscle strain on your spinal region which in turn prevent regular habit of poor posture.
- Nowadays the office chairs and even household chairs are coming with an additional head and neck rest with perfect cushion to rest the cervical curvature. If it is affordable for you then immediately purchase and try to use it instead of normal seats and chairs.
- Posture supportive braces are very helpful for people who are suffering from bad posture problems. If you are one among them who find it hard to maintain good posture while sitting or working, you can use these braces for fixing your poor posture problem.
- While lifting any heavy objects try to keep your spine erect and utilize your thigh muscles to bend below. This will reduce the heavy burden on the spinal muscles and prevents poor postures.
Overall, poor or bad posture can impact your life adversely and you should take the appropriate action as soon as possible so that you can fix poor posture symptoms which are distracting your life. Just try to follow the above tips and you will see your pain going.
Incoming search terms:
- bad posture symptoms
- poor posture symptoms
- poor sleeping posture symptoms
- bad posture joint degeneration
- poor posture
- signs of bad posture
- signs of poor posture