Body pain which arises due to poor posture can be easily avoided if you make few modifications in the alignment of your body. In case of regular poor posture maintenance, many problems arises in the body such as spinal dysfunction, back pain, neck pain, potbelly, etc. This will not be rectified by any measures until and unless the posture is maintained at the proper alignment.
Due to excess work load and hectic lifestyle people today experiences many types of poor posture problems. Some of the major poor posture symptoms are as follows:
- Curved Shoulders,
- Rounded shoulders,
- Abdominal encumbrance or pot belly,
- Bent legs and bent knees when walking as well as standing,
- Pain in the back most frequently in the lower back region,
- Tilting of the head either forwards or backwards, even sometimes leans to the sideward because of improper posture, for example regular usage of mobile phones on one side, etc.
- Headache and muscle fatigue which depends on the location of poor posture,
- General body pain or localized body pain depends on the type of poor posture.
Apart from the above mentioned poor posture symptoms there are so many other clinical features and complications seen in various parts of the body because of the wrong posture alignment. Some of them are as follows:
- Spinal dysfunction,
- Joint degeneration,
- Disk degeneration,
- Weight increase in particular area,
- Metabolic derangement,
- Lethargy in all activities,
- Joint stiffness,
- Sudden spasmodic pain in the major muscles and joints of the body, etc.
The poor posture interferes with most of the body’s normal anatomy and physiology. Some of them appear at the earliest whereas some shows its symptoms or signs gradually. Few of the physiological disturbances which happen due to poor posture are:
- Sudden fast twitch and slow twitch of the muscle fibers,
- Weakness in the muscle strength and length,
- Reduction or poor nerve conduction,
- Reduction in the free joint movements,
- Disturbances in the responses and reflexes both motor and sensory, etc.
The major ideas to avoid as well relieving the poor posture symptoms are as follows:
- Try to avoid using soft and squashy type of chairs and seats.
- Try to get good quality lumbar rolls and use it to support your lower back region when you are sitting in the chairs for a long time like during traveling, computer works, car driving, etc.
- In case if your job is sitting type and that you have to sit continuously for a long period of time then try to use ergonomic chairs which reduces the muscle strain on your spinal region which in turn prevent the poor posture formation.
- Nowadays the office chairs and even household chairs are coming with an additional head and neck rest with perfect cushion to rest the cervical curvature. If it is affordable for you then immediately purchase and try to use it instead of normal seats and chairs.
- Whenever you are prone to lift any heavy weights to try to keep your spine erect and utilize your thigh muscles to lift it. This will reduce the heavy burden on the spinal muscles.
Incoming search terms:
- bad posture joint degeneration
- signs of poor posture