Suffering from a strep throat? Confused over whether it is a sore throat or a strep throat? Cannot find the actual medical treatment for your paining neck? Facing much problem due to lack of knowledge?
Do Not Worry! This happens to many and to clear this, it is essential to know about these problems in detail, its symptoms and signs along with the reasons of infections, so that you can treat them in a better and healthy way.
Although both of these illnesses named sore throat and strep throat seems to be identical, there are some of the basic differences between the two. Knowing these are important for you so that you can get the best treatment.
So What Is The Difference Between Strep Throat and Sore Throat?
Sore throat is basically a pain in neck, irritation or itchiness in the throat which may lead to difficulty in swallowing of the food and even liquids.
This is often caused due to viral infection and can be treated fast without any special care. Dryness in the throat, swollen glands in neck and white tonsils are few of the symptoms of sore throat.
Strep throat on the other hand is a frustrating and contagious illness which makes irritation in the throat causing more pain in the neck. It is generally a bacterial infection, which results from a bacteria Streptococcus.
This is mainly caused due to sore throat and tonsillitis. Symptoms of strep throat may include various other indications besides the one seen in sore throat.
Commonly the early symptoms of strep throat are:
- Severe sore throat or pain without sneezing, coughing or any cold symptoms.
- Feeling difficulty while swallowing
- Raise in body temperature over 38.3 degrees Celsius and lower in temperature may point about a viral infection but not a strep throat.
- Yellow or white spots on the tonsils and throat
- Swelling of lymph nodes in the neck
- Development of skin rashes on the neck, chest and even on the whole body.
- Feeling of awful sensation like you have swallowed needles.
- Feeling of headache and stomach pain
- Lack of appetite, body aches, vomiting and bright red throat, which start to come into view within 2 to 5 days of the infection of bacteria in the throat.
Inevitably, it is essential to know that all sore throats are not strep throats as sore throats are caused by viruses and heals quickly.
Also it can be said that everyone who has strep throat, suffers from sore throat. But not everyone who has sore throat, suffers from strep throat in the neck.
What Age Groups are Affected and What Are The Best Treatment Options?
People of all ages can be affected with these problems but young children between the ages of 5 to 15 are frequently confronted with a sore and strep throat. It often occurs when kids stay close to each other and seated inside a poorly aerated place which causes infections leading to soreness, swelling of the tonsils and throat along with inflammation.
Sometimes, people with sore neck don’t need any treatment but requires special care. But as a result of simple ignorance things get serious. Being highly contagious, it happens commonly during the cold season and its symptoms are based upon the age of the patient infected.
Overall, whatever the problem you are having, sore or strep throat, it needs to be diagnosed by a health care professional or a specialist who examines the symptoms and proceeds towards certain tests to confirm the presence of the bacterial or viral infection.
When the test is confirmed positive, antibiotics for strep throat are prescribed to reduce the spread of bacteria to other parts of the body. In addition to this, drinking teas which soothe the throat is recommended as it helps your body to recover from fever and other illness.
Using lozenges and throat sprays are known to provide relief in sore and strep throat problems. Gargling with salt water is also considered one of the best strep throat home remedies.
People are searching for:
- strep throat and neck pain
- Strep Throat Neck Pain
- Nerve damage in neck post strepp throat
- neck pain colds strep
- neck inside throat
- neck infection
- my neck is paining and throat is paining
- lymph node at the back of ear on children
- why is my throat sore when i swallow
- is it normal for your neck to hurt with strep throat